+
Live mail (Build 15.4.3555.0308) [message #1289666] Sun, 17 March 2013 05:00 Go to next message
anon
Originally posted by: Bob

Does anyone know how to avoid this message when trying to print an email?

Script error

Line 1536
Char 1
Error Invalid argument
Code 0
URL res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

TIA

Bob
+
Re: Live mail (Build 15.4.3555.0308) [message #1289680 is a reply to message #1289666] Sun, 17 March 2013 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anon
Originally posted by: charlie

On 3/17/2013 1:00 AM, Bob wrote:
> Does anyone know how to avoid this message when trying to print an email?
>
> Script error
>
> Line 1536
> Char 1
> Error Invalid argument
> Code 0
> URL res://ieframe.dll/preview.js
>
> TIA
>
> Bob

Don't use Live Mail?

Actually, that looks like it might be a Java script error.
Given the recent Java based problems, and all the updates,
it's any ones guess.

I'd likely try to capture the email message, either by a text select and
copy, or a screen capture, and then print the result by whatever method
works.

ieframe.dll is a .dll found on this win 7 P/C in multiple locations and
versions.

Off and on, for not a few years, IE also has had problems printing with
many different printers and printer drivers. The problems I chased ended
up usually being a result of obsolete "call & return" methods in the
printer drivers. Because of this, I'd likely check early on for the
availability of updated printer drivers.
+
Re: Live mail (Build 15.4.3555.0308) [message #1289683 is a reply to message #1289680] Sun, 17 March 2013 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anon
Originally posted by: Paul

charlie wrote:
> On 3/17/2013 1:00 AM, Bob wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to avoid this message when trying to print an email?
>>
>> Script error
>>
>> Line 1536
>> Char 1
>> Error Invalid argument
>> Code 0
>> URL res://ieframe.dll/preview.js
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Bob
>
> Don't use Live Mail?
>
> Actually, that looks like it might be a Java script error.
> Given the recent Java based problems, and all the updates,
> it's any ones guess.
>
> I'd likely try to capture the email message, either by a text select and
> copy, or a screen capture, and then print the result by whatever method
> works.
>

> ieframe.dll is a .dll found on this win 7 P/C in multiple locations and
> versions.
>
> Off and on, for not a few years, IE also has had problems printing with
> many different printers and printer drivers. The problems I chased ended
> up usually being a result of obsolete "call & return" methods in the
> printer drivers. Because of this, I'd likely check early on for the
> availability of updated printer drivers.

Javascript is not the same thing as Java. Uninstalling
Java will have absolutely no effect on Javascript or any
file with the .js extension.

Paul
+
Re: Live mail (Build 15.4.3555.0308) [message #1289732 is a reply to message #1289683] Sun, 17 March 2013 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anon
Originally posted by: Paul

Paul wrote:
> charlie wrote:
>> On 3/17/2013 1:00 AM, Bob wrote:
>>> Does anyone know how to avoid this message when trying to print an
>>> email?
>>>
>>> Script error
>>>
>>> Line 1536
>>> Char 1
>>> Error Invalid argument
>>> Code 0
>>> URL res://ieframe.dll/preview.js
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Bob
>>
>> Don't use Live Mail?
>>
>> Actually, that looks like it might be a Java script error.
>> Given the recent Java based problems, and all the updates,
>> it's any ones guess.
>>
>> I'd likely try to capture the email message, either by a text select
>> and copy, or a screen capture, and then print the result by whatever
>> method works.
>>

>> ieframe.dll is a .dll found on this win 7 P/C in multiple locations
>> and versions.
>>
>> Off and on, for not a few years, IE also has had problems printing
>> with many different printers and printer drivers. The problems I
>> chased ended up usually being a result of obsolete "call & return"
>> methods in the printer drivers. Because of this, I'd likely check
>> early on for the availability of updated printer drivers.
>>

> Javascript is not the same thing as Java. Uninstalling
> Java will have absolutely no effect on Javascript or any
> file with the .js extension.
>
> Paul

I didn't have any Windows 7 files handy, so I grabbed ieframe.dll from
my Win8 partition. Some DLL files, they contain mainly resources,
and they end up being a "miniature file system".

I used resedit from resedit.net to access ieframe.dll.
(I dragged and dropped it, onto the open resedit window.)
In the "HTML" section of the resources, I can find preview.js.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/7138/ieframe.gif

What I can't figure out, is what it's complaining about :-(
If I go to the top of that resource file, it says

var g_nFramesetLayout = 0;

which means that variable is defined OK. It has a valid value,
due to being declared at the top of the code.

This result, won't necessarily align with the OPs files. The OP
should give it a try, locate ieframe.dll, locate the preview.js
resource, move to line 1536, and see what gives. The ieframe.dll
could vary from release to release of IE. I just tried this,
because I've never used a resource editor before :-)

(To edit preview.js, I selected all the text in the right hand
pane of resedit, and pasted it into a blank notepad window. Then,
used the GOTO function to find line 1536.)

Some browsers have an error console, which is another place to
view errors and look for "hints" as to how things ran off the rails.

Paul
+
Re: Live mail (Build 15.4.3555.0308) [message #1290427 is a reply to message #1289666] Mon, 18 March 2013 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anon
Originally posted by: R. C. White

Hi, Bob.

Updating WLM to the latest build (Build 16.4.3505.0912) might solve that
problem, in addition to bringing the program up to date.

As usual, you can download any or all of the Live Essentials (by whatever
version of the name that Microsoft is using today) from:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/essentials-h ome

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Bob" wrote in message news:b6c1t.147055$LX2.72688@newsfe31.iad...

Does anyone know how to avoid this message when trying to print an email?

Script error

Line 1536
Char 1
Error Invalid argument
Code 0
URL res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

TIA

Bob
+
Re: Live mail (Build 15.4.3555.0308) [message #1290869 is a reply to message #1289666] Mon, 18 March 2013 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anon
Originally posted by: KCB

"Bob" <bobwh@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to avoid this message when trying to print an email?
>
> Script error
>
> Line 1536
> Char 1
> Error Invalid argument
> Code 0
> URL res://ieframe.dll/preview.js
>
> TIA
>
> Bob

The first thing I found was to uninstall, then reinstall your printer.

If that does not work, then re-register the following dll files, from a cmd
window (Run as Administrator):

regsvr32 ole32.dll
Press <Enter>

regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
Press <Enter>

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll
Press <Enter>

Restart PC. See if it works.

If that doesn't do it, then reset IE from Control Panel/Internet
Options/Advanced (tab)/Reset button
Using the Reset button will disable all addons, and put IE to a
newly-installed state.

If none of these work, throw your computer out the window, and go buy a new
one.
----Just Kidding
+
Re: Live mail (Build 15.4.3555.0308) [message #1291238 is a reply to message #1289666] Tue, 19 March 2013 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anon
Originally posted by: winstonmvp

"Bob" wrote in message news:b6c1t.147055$LX2.72688@newsfe31.iad...

Does anyone know how to avoid this message when trying to print an email?
Script error
Line 1536
Char 1
Error Invalid argument
Code 0
URL res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

While installing a later version (of WLM) might resolve the problem....what may be more important since compatibility and
reliability improvements were released to address IE printing problems (WLM and other email clients use/share files with Windows/IE
for printing) in Windows Updates and Internet Explorer cumulative updates.

Thus...before attempting to upgrade the WLM version it might be appropriate to ask (since not provided)...
1. Is Windows 7 currently at Service Pack 1 level ?
2. Is Windows 7 Service Pack 1 fully updated via Windows Update ?
3. What version of Internet Explorer is installed (IE8, 9, or 10) and are all IE cumulative updates installed ?
4. Finally, when did the problem appear (recently, after installing WLM, after a recent Windows Update, always happened, etc ????)

--
....winston
msft mvp consumer apps

System is Windows 7, Service Pack 1, is updated as the updates are released
from Microsoft.
I am using IE 9, just updated to latest available
As far as I can remember, this has been an ongoing problem. I guess it came
with one of the updates for WLM

"...winston" wrote in message news:ki8hc3$5mn$2@dont-email.me...

[...]

Re: Live mail (Build 15.4.3555.0308) [message #1291241 is a reply to message #1291240] Tue, 19 March 2013 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

"Bob" wrote in message news:WkQ1t.259195$Hq1.193431@newsfe23.iad...

System is Windows 7, Service Pack 1, is updated as the updates are released
from Microsoft.
I am using IE 9, just updated to latest available
As far as I can remember, this has been an ongoing problem. I guess it came
with one of the updates for WLM

Actually, the history has a few more nooks and crannies...."It" came with a much earlier IE update. WLM followed with an update in
preparation and necessary for a later IE update which was intended to resolve the problem.
- i.e. one needed to update IE, update WLM to the later QFE level, and then update IE with the latest cumulative update.

- Resolution, though, was not universal across all pcs and printers since the ieframe error was not unique to WLM but it was to IE9
(and 8).

- Subsequently MSFT released a KB article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2652062

One of the solutions was to update printer drivers....unfortunately not all printer manufacturers have provided updated drivers to
remedy compatibility with IE (though in some cases they did provide them solely to MSFT for deployment via Windows Update).

--
....winston
msft mvp consumer apps

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 08:54:39 -0500, "R. C. White" <rc@grandecom.net> wrote:

> Hi, Bob.
>
> Updating WLM to the latest build (Build 16.4.3505.0912) might solve that
> problem, in addition to bringing the program up to date.
>
> As usual, you can download any or all of the Live Essentials (by whatever
> version of the name that Microsoft is using today) from:
>
> RC

Somehow, it seems exceedingly mean to suggest installing/upgrading WLM.

--

Char Jackson
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 30 14:07:11 BST 2014